Volunteers are the ❤️ of Comox Valley Senior Support.
We can help Comox Valley seniors because of the incredible volunteers who generously donate their time, energy and expertise.
Almost all our programs, events and services are delivered by volunteers. We offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities for people of all ages. Descriptions for volunteer positions can be found here.
For more information on volunteering opportunities or to apply for a position, please fill out the volunteer form or contact us at 250 871-5940. We would love to hear from you.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Friendly Visitor Program – weekly phone call or visit to an isolated senior to see how they are doing and engage in conversation.
- Caregiver Support – weekly check in with a caregiver to listen, encourage and support or train as a backup group facilitator for the in-person support groups for caregivers.
- Senior Information and Access Support (SIAS) program volunteer – help a senior with forms, income tax completion, housing issues, advocacy, systems navigation
- Fundraiser – If you would like to support the Society through fundraising, you are invited to join our dynamic Fundraising Committee. Yes, fundraising can be fun and the current committee members make it so.
- CV Senior Support Board of Directors – We are always looking for people who have a keen interest in the collaborative work and consultative governance of the Society and who would like to contribute their time and expertise.
Please either save the MS Word application, fill it out and return it as an attachment. Optionally, you can print out the PDF and fill it in manually.
Forms can be emailed to:
or dropped off at our office at:
C1 – 450 8th Street
Six Reasons to Volunteer
Give back to the community
Improve personal well-being
Make new connections
Develop new skills
Make a positive impact
Make a difference